Cookies operate in the background, so they're not likely to cause much obvious trouble, but there are some instances where cached data in cookies can sometimes conflict with the website or web app especially when the page has been updated, resulting in errors when you attempt to load the page again.
To clear cookies in Chrome:
To delete all cookies stored on your computer, either open the Cookies window as explained above and use thebutton, or else do the following:
- Click the menu button , then , followed by .
- Click .
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window
- Select the Tools menu from the Chrome window
- Click on the :icon at the outermost right corner of your browser window
- Select More tools and Click on Delete Browsing History window
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the box next to Cookies. You can uncheck everything else if you want to remove only cookies